Provide outreach, health education, navigation, and eligibility assistance to patients of Asian American Health Coalition of the Greater Houston Area (AAHC) dba HOPE Clinic. Perform Affordable Care Act enrollment activities as well as health awareness initiatives. Responsible for coordination screenings for Marketplace Insurance in-house as well as in the community.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keep complete records of outreach events and people reached;
- Assist patients with marketplace education and application;
- Schedule patients who needed guidance in Marketplace Health Insurance;
- Plan and execute outreach and education activities as needed;
- Assist with ACA and outreach/education project(s) reporting;
- Assist with clinic service promotions;
- Perform other duties as assigned to support HOPE Clinic’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Knowledge of and experience in developing, implementing and working in a community outreach program;
- Knowledge of existing social service programs available in Houston area and Harris County;
- Proficient in use of computers and software programs such as Word, Excel;
- Must have basic computer skills and be able to utilize the Internet;
- Strong written and oral communication skills must be detailed oriented and able to handle multi tasks;
- Submit Agency forms and documentation in a timely manner ( eg. improvement activities, response to memorandums, travel reconciliation, supply requests, leave requests, monthly in-service);
- Actively participates in agency performance improvement initiatives and quality assurance activities;
- Positively contributes to staff morale and corporate culture;
- Ensure that work assignments and information gathered from day to day work is not shared with anyone and protects all patient and agency information. Is knowledgeable of and maintains HIPAA standards of privacy and confidentiality.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School or GED plus one year of experience in patient care/program services;
- College degree preferred.
HOPE Clinic is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin.
HOPE Clinic is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace in compliance with federal guidelines.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $11.00 to $13.00 /hour
- Patient Assessment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Patient Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction