Summary of Position
This position is responsible for providing accurate and complete information to customers. This includes responding to requests, resolving customer issues, and forwarding clearly documented information to appropriate staff when further action is required. This position is also responsible for intake and will work as the court liaison. This position involves retrieving computer generated data to answer questions and updating those computer records. Must be able to respond to and assist customers face to face in a variety of situations.
Essential Job Requirements
- Greets visitors and customers to the office, maintains appointment and visitor logs.
- Maintains lobby area in a neat, professional environment and ensures appropriate handbooks and brochures are available in lobby area.
- Responds to walk-in and telephone inquiries, assesses situation, and provides accurate information to the customer.
- Provides information to customers in a courteous, polite and professional manner.
- Obtains assistance from the assigned Case Specialist or Supervisor as appropriate and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Responds to requests for applications for child support services by establishing appointments, sending out application packets, and advising customers of information needed to facilitate services.
- Enters applications for service into automated computer system and assembles new child support files.
- Conducts interviews with custodial and non-custodial parents as needed.
- Records in the automated and/or hard copy case file information related to the establishment and/or enforcement of a child support obligation.
- Inserts correspondence into envelopes for mailing; meters and delivers outgoing mail daily.
- Opens, date stamps, documents and/or takes appropriate action on incoming mail accurately and within established time frames.
- Monitors facsimile machine and distributes faxes periodically throughout each day; maintains paper supply in copiers and facsimile machines.
- Provides administrative/clerical assistance to case specialists/supervisors as needed.
- Initiates follow-up case status calls to customers as required.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of case information.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
High School Diploma or equivalent years of experience
Experience equivalent to required education, office experience preferred
Ability to work with the public in a courteous and professional manner; ability to work effectively with other staff; excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal skills; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment; ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously; and ability to work as a team member, as well as independently. Basic to intermediate computer skills are required. Bilingual or multi-lingual skills are an additional benefit.