ROLE SUMMARY As a member of the Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics and Metabolism-New Chemical entities (PDM-NCE), the candidate will participate in drug discovery and development by applying and developing in vitro cell-based methods, technology and reagents to study the role of drug transporters in preclinical and clinical pharmacokinetics and drug disposition.
- The candidate, largely lab-based and under the supervision of a senior transporter scientist, will provide sound interpretation of transporter kinetic data obtained from various in vitro tools such as transfected cell lines, vesicles, and primary cells (e.g., human hepatocytes). The tools will be applied to assess new chemical entities (NCEs) as transporter substrates/inhibitors and to predict pharmacokinetics and drug-drug interaction liability. The individual in role will also be responsible for the maintenance of cell lines and related supplies.
- The incumbent will be expected to develop an in-depth understanding of the background science related to transporters and the clinical implications thereof, as well as focus on continuous improvement of the current in vitro transporter assay suite.The incumbent is expected to work closely with other scientists in the group conducting a battery of cell-based assays in support of the worldwide R&D portfolio.The role also involves close collaborations with technology groups and with related PDM disciplines to support project teams and develop new technology for the study of ADME (absorption-distribution-metabolism-excretion) properties.
- BS/MS or equivalent degree in pharmaceutical / biochemistry / biology or a related field.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- 2-4 years after BS or 0-2 years after MS in performing in vitro ADME enzymology/transporter studies – assay development, conducting experiments, data analysis and data interpretation employing transporter transfected cell lines or primary cell systems.
- The incumbent will also be expected to be lab notebook compliant, adhere to Transporter Sciences Group (TSG) SOPs/best practices, be able to compile data for report writing and QC the data/reports of other TSG colleagues. Strong computer and mathematical skills and knowledge of enzyme/transporter kinetics are needed.
- Experience in cell culture is required, especially experience with primary cell culture techniques (e.g., plated hepatocytes), and analytical (e.g., tandem liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry) skill is highly preferred. Knowledge of transporters, hepatocyte systems, enzymes, cell culture and / or in vivo models is preferred.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.