This Packaging Technician position is responsible for executing their daily role within the Packaging department at an effective pace with accuracy to achieve the weekly objectives. This position is responsible for the operation, production, and maintenance of the Packaging Machine Line. This position must fulfill their role with efficient productivity and accuracy. The Packaging Technician role must participate in their job with professionalism and safety, consistently. The Packaging Technician will report to the Lead of Packaging, Lead of Order Fulfillment, and Supervisor of Packaging. This role will support the Leads and Supervisor of Packaging to guide other department members to achieve objectives effectively.
Procedures & Tasks
- This position is responsible for the operation, production of packaging product on the Packaging Machine Line for the Packaging department. This role will take on a variety of duties, such as, pre-packaging containers of dried cannabis product on an assembly line at an effective and efficient pace, accurately organizing and labeling packaged dried cannabis product, and troubleshooting and maintenance towards the Packaging Machine Line to sustain longevity and quality.
- The position is responsible for making all necessary adjustments and maintenance to have the machinery operate properly and most effectively. This position is responsible for proper diagnosis of machinery concerns formed with resolutions to continue operating effectively, consistently.
- Employee will be responsible for guiding and supporting team members and associates participating in the production of packaging containers on the Packaging Machine Line. Contributing and participating with professional communication to achieve proper data logging, labeling, and effective team unity towards daily and weekly quotas. Assist associates to achieve team goals, and support the leadership of Packaging with instructed requests.
- Supporting the Leads and Supervisor of Packaging to assist, guide, and train Packaging department members to accurately package different SKUs and inventory packages. Support the team's understanding and ability to resolve issues of organizing and inventorying dried product.
- Support the communication and secure transport of dried product from the storage areas to the Packaging and Distribution rooms. Maintaining consistency of quality of packaging and labeling before exporting product from facility.
- Clear understanding of workflow throughout the Processing department.
- Be prepared to change technique and instruction based on variables, R&D codes, and strain attributes.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment following GMP certified procedures.
- Be prepared to execute tasks within the Processing department, along with assisting towards company and facility objectives.
- Work in a timely manner and strive to increase productivity. Meet daily quotas.
- Maintain a culture of professionalism.
- Other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to assisting other departments to help facilitate the additional and/or supplemental work, such as, Trim dept tasks, Cure dept tasks, Farm dept tasks, cleaning, and light maintenance as needed throughout the facility.
Workspace and Material Maintenance
- Supporting the leadership of Packaging to guide and train Packaging department members to maintain proper organization of the Packaging and Distribution rooms. Contribute to instructed cleaning, sanitizing, and organization in the rooms.
- Monitor, confront, and report any noticeable Packaging Machine Line concerns with the leadership of Packaging to ensure follow through of machinery issues.
- Ensure organization and cleanliness of the immediate work area. Ensure proper maintenance of computer workstation and spreadsheets.
- After use of equipment or supply, follow through with cleaning and organizing SOPs.
Compliance and Reporting
- Follow all instructed state and federal compliance regulations.
- Update and track all required information in the Packaging logs, METRC, CounterPoint, and spreadsheets daily.
- Supporting the organizing and securing of all packaging tags and labels.
- Report any improper action of compliance regulations.
- Following instructed procedures will maintain compliance and safety. Any compliance or safety mistake or error created must be reported to the leadership of the department.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Lead of Packaging, Lead of Order Fulfillment, and Supervisor of Packaging.
- This person will be asked to lead, guide, and train Advanced Processors in the department to assist and support the leadership of Packaging, but they will not be asked to discipline any team members.
- This position is expected to perform duties at a highly productive and efficient pace, consistently.
- To apply for a new position, employees must have served within this position for at least six months before submitting the Grow Transfer Request form to the direct supervisor.
- Able to use a computer and/or hand tools while sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to move about a typical office, manufacturing and warehouse environment. This position is part of a fast paced environment.
- Working in proper PPE at all times of scheduled shift to sustain GMP model certification.
- Working with cleaning equipment and machinery. expect humid and wet conditions while cleaning the machinery.
- Able to kneel, bend, reach, rotate, and stoop on an intermittent to regular basis daily.
- Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Consistent on-time attendance for all scheduled shifts. Prepared for over 40 hour work weeks within this position, regularly.
- Occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations as required.
- At least three months experience in a Technician or Advanced role of the Processing department to apply. Must be in good standing for the last three months at least to apply. Must pass the Packaging Technician Test to be fully accepted in the role.
- Two years of work experience in a related industry or work environment.
- Previous leadership experience in a related industry or work environment preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced production environment preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to consistently meet productivity and performance requirements.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail.
- Demonstrates professional and respectful demeanor towards others. Demonstrates respectful verbal and written communication capability.
- Knowledge and background in cannabis manufacturing preferred.
- Must be able to secure appropriate work credentials from the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs Marijuana Regulatory Agency Enforcement Division.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Proven success in the following job competencies:
- Technical and Machinery Skills and Experience
- Proficient Attention to Detail
- Respectful and Effective Communication
- Spreadsheet, Advanced Data Entry, and Computer Usage Proficient
- Time Management, Planning, and Organizational Skills
- Dedicated and Productive Work Ethic
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Quality, Compliant, and Safe Results
- Willing to give and take Direction
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Any vacancy posted on this site comes from Indeed and it's network through the API. If you find this job is not supposed to be on this site, please report it on Indeed.