**Current State of Oregon Employees please use your Workday account – go to Career – Internal - Find jobs to apply!
***All others - To apply for this position, click on the "Apply" link to fill out the online application and submit by the posted closing date.
This employment opportunity is with the Office of Developmental Disabilities Services, Licensing Unit,which is part of the Department of Human Services. There is ONE (1) permanent full-time Client Care Surveyor (Licensing Specialist) position located in Salem at 3541 Fairview Industrial Drive SE.
This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU).
This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
What’s in it for you :
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright, committed individuals to work with and learn from. DHS has a commitment to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce that includes members of historically underrepresented groups.
We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans . DHS has a commitment to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce that includes members of historically underrepresented groups. If you are interested in joining out team, please apply today!
What you’ll be doing :
You will inspect and review the quality and adequacy of care and services received in a variety of community developmental disability service settings. This requires knowledge of multiple administrative rules governing these settings including but not limited to Agency Certification and Endorsement, 24-Hour Residential Programs for Children and Adults, Employment, Supported Living Programs, Support Services Brokerages, and Professional Behavior Services. Such reviews must be accomplished within statutorily mandated time frames. These surveys determine the programs compliance with federal and/or state regulations, and ensure that individuals receiving services are healthy and safe and the programs deliver the service outcomes within the scope of individual planning. Surveyors provide professional evaluations of findings during the surveys and make determinations regarding licensing compliance. Work is performed independently, as well as in a team setting, in accordance with regulations and rules, professional standards of practice, and DHS and Team procedures.
- Works with a team, either as a team member or a team leader. Works both independently for some tasks and in a consensus process for others.
- Conducts on-site reviews of programs to monitor and ensure compliance.
- Conducts inspections resulting from complaints received from local offices, consumers, families, or citizens to ensure the health and safety of individuals with developmental disabilities and continuing compliance.
- Writes reports and keeps records in ASPEN.
- Determines when plans of improvement need to be developed and submitted by the service provider.
Working Conditions :
- R equires frequent travel to counties throughout Oregon.
- Overnight travel in order to complete projects may be necessary, extended stay up to two consecutive weeks should be expected at least once a year.
- Adjustments to work week to accommodate evening meetings or travel are necessary.
- R equires excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to report on findings, and provide Technical Assistance.
- Requires use of a desktop computer and an electronic calendar.
- You will be a mandatory reporter of abuse and neglect of children, seniors and other adults with disabilities (mentally ill and developmentally disabled).
Only the candidates whose experience, as described in their application and cover letter, most closely match the qualifications and requested skills of this position will be invited to an interview.
Three years of experience in areas related to nursing, social
work, developmental disabilities, dietetics/nutrition, or
One of the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in a health or human services field.OR
- A license as a Registered Nurse.
Note : LPN certification and/or experience will not meet
the minimum qualifications.
Requested Skills/Desired Attributes
The Most Competitive Candidates Will Have:
- Ability to be a good steward of the state.
- Basic knowledge of methods used to assess quality assurance programs.
- Basic knowledge of Federal and State laws, rules, and regulations related to the provision of long-term direct-care programs and facilities and licensure of care facilities.
- Skill in exercising independent judgment and decision-making in the application of laws, rules, policies, or procedures.
- Ability to recognize potential abuse or neglect about those in need of or receiving direct care.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Skill in communicating verbally with a variety of medical professionals, care provider management and staff, resident relatives, and personnel or other agencies, sometimes under tense or hostile conditions.
- To apply for this position, click on the 'Apply' button to fill out the online application and submit by the posted closing date and time.
- The work experience and/or education section of your application and your cover letter must clearly demonstrate how you meet all the qualifications and requested skills/desired attributes listed above.
- Complete the supplemental questions.
- A cover letter is required that clearly addresses the qualifications and requested skills/desired attributes listed above.
- Note: Failure to submit the required resume and cover letter will remove your application from consideration.
Need Help ?
- For questions about the job duties or application process, contact Rebecca.A.Wilson@state.or.us , Senior Recruiter. Please be sure that you include the job announcement number.
- Have questions about Workday, and want some tips on understanding the state application process? Check out this link: https://www.oregon.gov/jobs/Pages/support.aspx
- If you need an alternate format to apply, please describe the alternate format needed or contact our ADA Office at, ADA.DHS@dhsoha.state.or.us .
The fine print :
- We may also use other factors to help us decide who will move forward, such as your related work experience, your education and the overall professionalism of your application materials.
- Don’t attach extra documents. We will only look at documents that we ask for.
- While completing your application, please be aware that Workday will log you out after 20 minutes of inactivity and will not save your application.
- Veterans’ Preference - Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications will be given veterans' preference. To receive preference, veterans must attach appropriate documentation as outlined by the Department of Administrative Services at the following website: Veterans Resources .
- Learn more about Oregon
Pre-employment Checks :
Employment will be contingent upon passing an abuse check, criminal records check and driving records check, and the information shall be shared with the DHS, Office of Human Resources (OHR). Any criminal or founded abuse history will be reviewed and could result in the withdrawal of the offer or termination of employment. This position may access federal tax information. As a condition of employment, employees in any positions with access to federal tax information are required to pass enhanced background checks every five years, including fingerprint checks and verification with local law enforcement of electronic records in the Law Enforcement Database System (LEDS).
DHS does not offer VISA sponsorships. Within three days of hire, successful candidates will be required to complete the US Department of Homeland Security’s I-9 form confirming authorization to work in the United States.
DHS commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.