United Way for Greater Austin
Job Opportunity: Community Information Coordinator
Department: 2-1-1, Navigation Center
Regular Part-time, Non-Exempt
Who we are:
United Way for Greater Austin brings people, ideas, and resources together to fight poverty in our community. As an investor in impact, we believe the key to transformative change is in working together. The how of our work is in our name: We bring the community together in a united way – to serve as a convener of and driver for powerful collaborations that create pathways out of poverty. Together, we can create a thriving community for all.
Who we want:
The Community Information Coordinator serves as the Community Information team lead that supports the United Way for Greater Austin in the curation of the 2-1-1 Texas database for the ten (10) county South Central region
- Ensure the community resource information included in the 2-1-1 Texas CRM system for the South Central region is up-to-date, comprehensive, and in a user-friendly format
- Build and maintain relationships with local nonprofit and government agencies throughout the local ten-county South Central region
- Support frontline 2-1-1 Call Specialists through training, one-on-one support, and responding to inquiries through the Slack platform.
- Assist the Community Information and Disaster Coordinator during a disaster by gathering, verifying, and disseminating time-sensitive and critical information about disaster resources.
- Work collaboratively with 2-1-1 Resource Specialists throughout Texas.
Who you are:
- Passionate: Mission aligned and brings joyfulness to work, and the organization knowing work supports a mission of helping all of Austin’s families thrive.
- Values difference: Recognizes the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Collaborates: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Customer focus: Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Tech-savvy: Comfortable with all forms of technology, proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and other tools.
- Ensures accountability: Holds self-accountable to meet commitments.
- Action-oriented: Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Flexible: Willing to shift focus at a moment’s notice with emerging needs and comfortable with a degree of the unknown in our business.
- Manages ambiguity: Operates effectively and independently, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
What you’ll bring:
- A bachelor’s degree in the social service field or library science preferred.
- At least two years’ experience in social services, information management, or library services required. At least one year of experience working with low income and/or vulnerable populations.
- Solid written and oral communication skills. Fluency in both English and Spanish is preferred.
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector, community organizations, healthcare, and government entities.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, database, word processing, email, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and shift gears quickly to accommodate the change.
- Works well with diverse leadership styles.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience writing and editing text for clarity using a style guide
- Excellent communication skills and internal/external customer service skills required.
- A self-starter who also works collaboratively in a cross-functional, fast-paced work environment
- Maintain high moral and ethical standards and be committed to United Way’s mission of fighting poverty.
Notice: The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Management has the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time. United Way ATX is an “at-will” employer.
This position is located in Austin, Texas, and reports directly to the Disaster and Community Information manager
Any vacancy posted on this site comes from Indeed and it's network through the API. If you find this job is not supposed to be on this site, please report it on Indeed.