At WRKSHP, we are a music technology company. Our main app, Next Music, is a platform for interactive music. We create experiences that are simple, beautiful, and get better with time. We believe in teamwork, intellectual honesty and excellence. We take ownership of our work, constantly question our assumptions, and only ship products we are proud to put our names on.
We feature and work with some of the biggest artists like Steve Aoki, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Hardwell, R3HAB, 3LAU, and more. We help promote and market the release of new songs and albums for artists every day.
- Work closely with product and assist them in investigations, deep dives and consuming game performance metrics on a regular basis.
- Devise and run A/B tests and apply statistical techniques for analysis and measurement.
- Write SQL for exploratory analysis, data preparation and data movement.
- Document analysis findings and communicate these effectively via written, oral and visual methods.
- Evangelize data knowledge and insights: manage communications with your stakeholders and other teams, collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues to complete data projects and ensure all parties can use the insights to further improve
- Maintain a customer-centric focus: strive to be a domain and product expert through data, develop trust among your peers and stakeholders, and ensure that your team has access to data to make decisions
- Prioritize and execute in the face of ambiguity: work with stakeholders and mentors to distill the problem, adapt your tools to answer complicated questions, and identify the trade-offs between speed and quality of different approaches
- Perform data verification and validation to ensure that instrumentation, aggregation, reporting, and analyses are accurate and complete. Devise and implement solutions when gaps or errors are found.
- Enthusiasm about music!
- 1 years of experience as an analyst or in highly analytical roles
- BA/BS degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or related quantitative discipline
- Experience working with business teams to understand and define problems for analysis; experience dealing with ambiguous business problems and translating them into feasible analytic exercises to provide answers.
- Experience using at least one programming language to move and parse data sets.
- A self-starter, detail-oriented, and believes in continuous learning and improvement
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Relentless curiosity
- Able to identify stakeholders, build relationships, and influence others to get work done
- Is comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and ideally has experience in a high-growth startup
- Able to take complex problems and break them down into their component parts
- Strong knowledge and proven abilities with SQL.
- Experience with cloud-based computing (especially Amazon Web Services), procedural programming (especially PHP or Python), EMR frameworks such as Spark or Hadoop, and data science and machine learning methods such as k-means clustering, random forest, decision trees, etc. are all a plus
Job Type: Internship
- One location