Understands and promotes the Bureau's agenda with regard to
providing excellence in service equal to the best in the business,
including but not limited to the Baldrige Criteria, ARBOR
standards, and Safety Administrations Customer Service Policy.
Demonstrates a basic knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations, which impact the Driver License Program.
Examiners must be capable of performing all driver examination functions, including but not limited to exams and counter processing, with no more than two exceptions per rating period that require supervisor intervention.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
- Full-time employment
- Work Schedule: Tuesday through Saturday, 8:15 am to 4:45 pm with a 30 minute lunch
- This position will require Travel and Overtime
Conducts standardized examinations to evaluate the skill and
competence of Non-Commercial Driver License applicants safely and
Determines the physical and driving qualifications of applicants, and the mechanical conditions of vehicles for conformance to the established standards necessary for safe driving.
Tests applicants for a knowledge and understanding of the motor vehicle code and traffic signs, and evaluates the applicant's ability in practical demonstration of motor vehicle operation and observance of the rules of the road.
Processes test results and applicants. Administers the Commercial Driver License (CDL) knowledge examination. Examines applications, registrations, and permits for possible irregularities and fraud. Checks motor vehicles for inspection stickers, lights, windshield wipers, and other mechanical features. Administers telebinocular, color perception, and other tests of vision.
Audits Third Party Examiners for contract compliance by either having the Third Party Examiners administer a CDL skills test to the Department Examiner in a representative vehicle or score along with the Third Party Examiner while administering a CDL Skills test to an applicant. Audit Third Party CDL test sites for contract compliance by checking files and certifies completing an audit report.
Strictly adheres to all aspects of Safety Administration's customer service policy.
Performs other related duties as required.
1. Manual dexterity
2. Operate office equipment
3. Ability to move in and out of vehicles
4. Interacts orally and in writing
5. Provides friendly customer service
6. Performs arithmetic calculations
7. Lifts packages of varying size and wt
- Must meet PA residency requirement
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - Two years of experience obtaining, evaluating and providing information to the public.
- Necessary Special Requirement - Possession of a valid non-commercial Pennsylvania Class C Driver's License.
- Necessary Special Requirement- Must be twenty-one years of age at the time of application.
- Condition of Employment - No suspensions or revocations of a driver's license during the five year period immediately preceding appointment.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
- Only most recent exam score is counted
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107; Telephone (215) 560-2253
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219; Telephone (412) 565-7666
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)