Human Resource Specialist-19001L5
- Serves as point of contact for assigned HR areas, which may include: employee relations; training, employment, labor relations, affirmative action, and/or employment equity programs.
- Provides guidance to management and employees on complex HR-related concerns, coordinates with other departments as needed, and refers complex issue to higher levels.
- Participates in employee investigations and assists with providing recommendations on resolutions.
- Participates in new hire orientation and exit interviews.
- Reviews data and communicates recommendations to management for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Initiates and completes processing of all duties involved in employment, termination, transfer, and promotion of personnel in assigned area of responsibility.
- Designs and runs monthly reports, i.e. Headcount
- Performs data entry into SAP and sends related documents to FileNet.
- Researches and sends employee information to Compensation when requesting salary recommendations.
- Assists with special projects and functions of the department.
- Assists HR staff as needed.
- Gives overview of HR policies to new hires.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 5 years of professional-level Human Resources experience required.
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree in Human Resources, Business, or related area preferred.
- PHR certification preferred.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Experience with Kronos preferred.
All successful candidates must be eligible to obtain a TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential). It is Valero’s policy that employees must wear this card at all times while working at the refinery. Please review eligibility criteria at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
About the Houston Refinery
The Valero Houston Refinery began operations in 1942 and has gone through numerous modifications and expansions. The refinery is a mid-sized plant with a total throughput capacity of 235,000 barrels per day and produces a wide range of petroleum products. Valero acquired the Houston refinery when it purchased Basis Petroleum from Salomon Inc. in 1997. The refinery is located on the Houston Ship Channel, with deep-water access for off-loading feedstocks.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Human Resources
Job Posting Nov 21, 2019, 7:39:17 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Any vacancy posted on this site comes from Indeed and it's network through the API. If you find this job is not supposed to be on this site, please report it on Indeed.