- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 months of experience in legal, policy, government, or economics.
- Experience with G Suite applications (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, etc.) or similar collaboration software.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- Experience in deemed-export licensing.
- Experience using data to identify trends and potential risks.
- Ability to contribute in a fast-paced, changing work environment with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadlines.
- Ability to work on a broad range of legal matters.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
Google's legal department is at the center of an information law revolution, and you're at its core. As a Legal Assistant, you are a driving force behind the success of your Legal team, ready to roll up your sleeves to create and improve processes, maintain records, conduct legal research and coordinate communications across the team. As you closely support your team, you may find yourself working with multiple groups within the Legal Department, internal clients across Google, and external parties. You're an independent thinker who isn't afraid to ask questions, and you're organized in a way that never overlooks the details.
The Global Trade Compliance team is responsible for analyzing and interpreting legal regulations and statutes, advising clients, and submitting government filings. As a Legal Analyst on Global Trade Compliance, Export team, you will prepare materials for the filing of deemed-export license applications, engage and coordinate with internal groups, communicate with recruiters and candidates to gather information, and drive the management of filed and issued licenses.
In this role, you will comfortable troubleshooting issues, documenting work, and moving issues and resolutions forward at a steady pace. Additionally, you will contribute an ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, demonstrating excellent judgment.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Manage deemed export license applications and existing licenses by assisting with applications, letters of assurance, and tracking.
- Review export control questionnaires from employees and visitors and whitelisting individuals to access restricted projects and/or sites.
- Help with general case management administration and organization of key documents.
- Assist with collection of relevant materials to file license applications and coordinate with external legal counsel.
- Analyze data and identifying potential risk areas.