Are you experienced in Payroll and HCM for SMALL BUSINESS? Are you exceptionally HARDWORKING and RELIABLE? Do you have excellent TIME MANAGEMENT, ORGANIZATIONAL and PROBLEM-SOLVING skills? Are you very ENERGETIC, POSITIVE and HELPFUL? Looking for an OPPORTUNITY to help manage a GROWING department in our firm?
- Communicates and provides best in class payroll services to our client base located throughout the country.
- Sets up new clients in our payroll system and reviews for accuracy before first payroll is processed.
- Acts as trainer to clients located remotely and in-person to understand and use payroll software.
- Understands FLSA regulations, payroll tax laws, garnishment calculations and maintains knowledge through ongoing training.
- Processes multi-state and multi-jurisdiction payrolls with all levels of complexity for a variety of clients based on information provided by clients while meeting payroll deadlines.
- Resolves issues in a timely manner with the clients, various agencies, accounting staff and management.
- Reconciles wage information monthly & quarterly and assists with outside agency audit and tax notice resolution.
- Ensures that all tax reporting for assigned clients is done by required deadlines. This includes payroll depository taxes where applicable.
- Participates in and contributes to scheduled and ad hoc training in order to improve policy and process acumen.
- Performs special projects and any other duties as identified.
- Two-year business degree with an emphasis in accounting and two years’ experience in processing multi-client payrolls or 5 years’ experience in the payroll/related field.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, database programs, accounting/payroll platforms, and cloud computing.
- Ability to work independently and also work well with others.
- Must possess detailed knowledge of payroll, tax and accounting concepts.
- Strong communication skills, ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, and to work under deadlines with little to no supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- Experience with the APEX/HCM payroll software platform a big plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: $19.50 – 23.00 per hour plus periodic performance bonuses depending upon qualifications.
We are always on the lookout for talented people who would make a great fit for our open accountant jobs in the Minneapolis area. If you have the skills and energy we need, we encourage you to apply online for any of our Minneapolis accounting careers. Please submit your resume to email@example.com
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.