*** Must have an active (or ability to obtain and maintain) TS/SCI with CI Polygraph***
Performs plumbing work as assigned.
- The Journeyman Plumber performs skilled technical work in the installation, repair, replacement, and maintenance of domestic water systems, heating water systems, sanitary sewer systems, storm sewers, gas pipe, steam and condensate pipes, and fire protection systems.
- Assembles, installs, and repairs pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes. Studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installations.
- Inspects structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe.
- Locates and marks position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors, using ruler, spirit level, and plumb bob.
- Cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings, using handtools and power tools. Cuts and threads pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe-threading machine.
- Bends pipe to required angle by use of pipe-bending machine or by placing pipe over block and bending it by hand.
- Assembles and installs valves, pipe fittings, and pipes composed of metals, such as iron, steel, brass, and lead, and nonmetals, such as glass, vitrified clay, and plastic, using hand tools and power tools.
- Joins pipes by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and calks joints. Fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leading.
- Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, commodes, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, and water softeners.
- Repairs and maintains plumbing, by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains. Follows safe work practices and maintains a clean, safe work area at all times.
- Other duties as assigned
*Basic Job Requirements :
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Completion of plumbing/pipefitting/technical school OR a recognized apprenticeship program in the plumbing trade is required.
- Experience: At least four years successful experience in the plumbing trade is required. Documented journeyman status is required. Working knowledge of building and plumbing code is required.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and at heights.
- Must be able to work in a safe manner utilizing all required PPE, site safety plans, and safe work practices.
- Carry/Move equipment and tools weighting up to 50 lbs. Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing, scaffolding, and high lift equipment.
Other Job Requirements :
- Must have an active (or ability to obtain and maintain) TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
- Valid driver’s license
- U.S. Citizen
Preferred Qualifications :
- Local candidates preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $31.00 /hour
- plumbing: 4 years (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift
Company's Facebook page: