City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of
Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and
advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and
scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute
designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the
National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s
leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of
care for cancer treatment.
Answers telephone, screen and direct calls. Attend to visitors
and deal with inquiries on the phone and face to face. Register
patients, retrieve medical records as needed for hospital
follow-up. Confirm patient appointments, checking in/out all
patients, task messages from/to staff and physicians, schedule all
patient appointments (hospital and office follow-ups), collect
co-payments and process all payments in Passport. Check incoming
and outgoing mail, check and clear incoming faxes, verify insurance
eligibility as needed. Complete all physician orders, schedule all
test and diagnostic studies ordered. Obtain authorizations as
needed and link authorizations to visits, tests or procedures.
Verify any changes to patient demographics, update insurances at
- Handles all incoming calls from the company’s main telephone system. Ability to take and relay messages; provide information to callers.
- Responsible for sending out and receiving packages from deliveries.
- Greet visitors entering the organization and direct them to the correct destination.
- General administrative and clerical support from the different departments of the organization.
- Maintains a pleasant appearance of the reception area and lobby.
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with department
personnel and other City of Hope employees.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year customer service experience.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.