We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team full-time (40 hrs/wk) as a research assistant for an NIH funded study. The research assistant will be part of a team working on a randomized control trial comparing intervention strategies for and gathering information on pain and depression in patients receiving buprenorphine. As a part of the research team, the research assistant will assist with recruitment, enrollment, and retention activities; conduct data collection; perform data entry, management, and reporting; assist with miscellaneous administrative tasks related to daily study operations (i.e., basic operational support); and coordinate and participate in weekly team meetings and ongoing trainings.
Applicants should have a Class C driver’s license and a car (travel will be reimbursed).
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred
- 1-3 years of experience required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and record keeping skills
- Ability to work well within a large, vibrant, interdisciplinary research team
- Cultural sensitivity and comfort with a wide range of social, racial, and ethnic populations
- High level of professionalism and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and committed
- Willing to drive to courthouses and/or civil commitment facilities outside Boston
- Some experience in research settings
- Strong knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn REDCap and reference database applications (e.g., Mendeley, EndNote, RefWorks)
- Interest in research on substance use disorders
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities at the same time effectively
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all personal/health sensitive information
Other Position Opportunities and Activities:
- Mentorship in research conduct and management and on-site supervision
- Exposure to clinical research and research management techniques
- Human Subjects Protection training and certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.