Boragen, Inc. (www.boragenbio.com), is pioneering next-generation, novel chemistry solutions for crop protection, animal health and human health. We have a strong belief that we can make a difference in the world by expanding our unique business model. With a broad pipeline of potential applications, we continue to build our organization and are looking for additional chemistry colleagues to continue to build out our team.
Candidates will be expected to work both independently and collaboratively as part of the Boragen organization. The successful candidate must have an aptitude for innovation in a fast-paced startup environment, and a strong commitment to working as part of a collaborative research team. Must be highly self-motivated, with solid communication skills.
This position reports to the VP of Chemistry.
We are seeking a highly motivated, entrepreneurial Chemistry Research Associate to become an important member of an exciting, venture backed startup team. This position will be responsible for managing the Boragen compound library, dispensing compound samples and packaging shipments to support various studies. The candidate will also perform analytical works on Boragen’s chemistry instruments such as LC/MS. Boragen is located in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Dispense samples from Boragen compound library for research
- Conduct chemical inventory
- Prepare, ship and handle compound packages for research
- Conduct analytical chemical studies to investigate physical chemistry properties
- Conduct biochemical assays
- Generate comprehensive scientific reports and presentations
Candidate Key Competencies
- Must be tactful and diplomatic with an emphasis on team working
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Exercise excellent interpersonal skill, ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to perform with aggressive deadline
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and work with sensitive data
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in an organic or analytical chemistry research lab is preferred
- R&D industry work experience preferred
- Must have strong communication, technical writing, and presentation skills
- B.S. degree with a concentration in chemistry, biochemistry, analytical chemistry, or related field.
- Authorized to work in the United States
Compensation range depends upon candidate qualifications and experience. As a privately-funded and a private company, Boragen believes that every full-time employee should have an ownership mentality and approach. We reinforce this ownership mentality via an equity stake in the form of stock options with every FTE. The specific number of Boragen stock options is awarded based on position and longevity with the company and are recommended solely at the discretion of senior management.
Job Type: Full-time
- Analytical Chemistry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Research Laboratory: 1 year (Preferred)
- R&D industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)