Site COVID-19 Safety & Hygiene Manager - Boardman, OR
Contract position lasting 2-4 months. Must be local. No per diem.
Purpose: To provide a dedicated, single-point resource on each Gray Construction site focusing on CV-19 related issues.
Scope: The CV-19 S&H Manager has responsibility for the entire job site to inclusive of Gray and sub-contractor staff.
- Implement corporate CV-19 preparedness plan.
- Maintain site specific CV-19 plan
- Train existing staff and lead orientation for new hires on CV-19 program, procedures, and expectations
- Perform audits
- Primary resource for any CV-19 issues
- Support site manager with activity coordination
Construction Site Protocols
Planning ensure each site creates customized protocol utilizing appropriate guidelines
- Prepare Site-specific CV-19 plan
- Develop project organizational plan to ensure sub-contractors are kept in separate areas on the project to maintain social distancing
- Prepare coordinated site logistics, identifying critical elements (work force pathways, work areas, break areas, etc.)
- Organized daily virtual planning and coordination meetings
Education ensure the project plan is shared with all onsite personnel
- Prepare, disseminate, and train all on CV-19 guidelines
- Implementation and enhancement of site-specific CV-19 signage and awareness
- Personal hygiene practices in accordance with CDC recommended guidelines and actions.
- Prior to allowing personnel to access site, all will be required to participate in a site orientation performed virtually or with safe distances.
- Ensure crisis management plan includes muster points that are spread out and all personnel are reminded to maintain safe distances from others.
Communication ensure project updates are shared with onsite personnel
- Reporting protocol executed when workers are diagnosed as carrying CV-19 or suspected/confirmed as having been exposed to CV-19.
- Provide positive health messaging to onsite personnel.
- Provide access and training on evolving CDC guidelines
- Workforce engagement and process to incorporate improvements to daily work planning and execution to reduce possible exposure risks
Preventative Measures identify sick workers and limit contact
- Provide verification of the CV-19 guidelines around the site and observe workforce to identify any workers that have symptoms of illness.
- Require all personnel to acknowledge that they have not knowingly been in contact with that is sick or traveled to an international high-risk area within the past 14 days.
- Delivery drivers and visitors are not allowed on site without adherence to site-specific CV-19 plan
Social Distancing/Separation/People Movement ensure all workers maintain a safe distance from each other and contact is limited
- Ensure all workers maintain a safe distance from each other and
contact is limited
- Create separation plans so multiple crews maintain spacing and eliminate trade stacking of work in the same location
- Daily safety planning provides employee protection in use of large lifts or other equipment utilized
- Personal specific tools will be required. Cleaning protocols to be established if tool sharing is required.
- Lunch gatherings organized to maintain safe worker distances
- Daily planning regarding crew and personal safe-spacing
- When possible, ensure multiple points of access are available to limit proximity of workers as they arrive/leave site.
Site Cleaning Protocol cleaning protocols to be followed
- Ensure adequate handwashing facilities are available
- If soap/water are not readily available, alcohol-based sanitizer that contains 60% alcohol will be made available throughout site.
- Signs and training telling people how to properly dispose of their debris/trash. Emphasis on not leaving trash for others to clean and potentially share germs.
- Community equipment and tools will be checked out on a daily basis and cleaned at end of shift.
- All personnel must utilize their own dedicated PPE no sharing of PPE.
- Establish cleaning protocols and schedules in high contact workspaces
- Provide staff dedicated to cleaning consistent with CDC guidelines.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY: It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel and to provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees, including upgrading, promoting and training and to administer these activities in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.