*Male with1-2 years experience in corrections, probation/parole, mental health, social welfare, law enforcement or related work.
*Good physical and mental health.
*Ability to work as an individual and also as a team member.
*Ability to supervise others.
*Excellent written and oral communication skills.
*Ability and willingness to follow orders promptly and accurately.
*Ability to be on call 24/7 for case management emergencies.
*Ability to recognize anti-social behavior and mental health issues and to analyze and identify motivating factors underlying criminal behavior for the purpose of developing corrective action.
*Ability to deal with participants on an unbiased, professional basis.
*Certified Correctional Officer or ability to become a Certified Correctional Officer and maintain certification
*Willingness to follow directions
*Valid driver’s license with good driving record
*Ability to supervise and direct participants in the program.
*Agree to report any personal arrest and/or conviction within 24 hours to a supervisor.
*Agree to submit to background check at least every three (3) years.
*Be available for first, second, third and weekend shifts as required.
The Transitional Housing Case Manager will be responsible for:
- Following all federal, state and local laws.
- Following departmental Operational Guidelines.
- Maintaining appearance appropriate to assigned duties as determined by the CJ Programming Coordinator.
- Performing as a positive role model.
- Provide supportive counseling services and aftercare to residents, transportation to self help meetings and oversee application and delivery of housing rules.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
with other law enforcement agencies, court officials, collateral
agencies and the general public.
- Implementing and enforcing court orders, including filing of motions for revocation and arrest of program participants; prosecuting violations in court when appropriate.
- Complete trainings for housing agencies and jail personnel.
- Assist with discharge planning for inmates appropriate for Transitional Housing.
- Conduct nightly curfew and bed checks on residents.
- Working effectively with problematic individuals and making independent decisions in the field relative to participant adjustment, to include using disciplinary reports, judge notes and community service as tools to enforce program rules.
- Monitoring and recording data (data entry) on participants in order to analyze progress in compliance with court orders, and to maintain uniform case management documentation.
- Perform random drug tests accurately, providing proper documentation and follow-up.
- Ability to setup and operate the drug testing machine.
- Attend court appearances as appropriate and provide information and/or recommendations regarding participants.
- Performing any and all other duties as assigned.
You are being asked the following questions to comply with the Federal Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA):
Have you ever engaged in sexual activity in the community facilitated by force, the threat of force, or coercion? Yes _____ No _____
Have you ever been convicted of domestic violence? Yes _____ No _____
Have you ever been convicted of stalking? Yes _____ No _____
Have you ever been convicted for sex offenses committed in the community?
Yes _____ No _____
Have you ever engaged in any type of sexual misconduct either in the workplace or the community? Yes _____ No _____
If you answered ‘Yes’ to any of the above questions, please explain:
I have read and understand the job description of a Transitional Housing Case Manager and agree to carry out my assigned duties in an ethical and responsible manner. I understand I will be on probation for a period of six months and that period may be extended at the request of the Superintendent. I have also read the questions pertaining to the Prison Rape Elimination Act and have answered truthfully.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.50 to $18.00 /hour
- corrections, mental health, substance abuse: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location