As a Motor Vehicle Technician, you will:
- Process applications for Utah registration and proportional registration; verify proof of ownership by examination of the Manufacturer's Statement of Origin, Outstanding Certificate of Title, etc
- Reviews and approves title and registration applications for undercover law enforcement vehicles, antique vehicles, vehicles which require assignment and installation of serial number, and other applications with problems outside the normal transactions.
- Issues license plates, permits, registrations, certificates, etc.
- Receives, researches and responds to incoming questions or complaints; provides information, explains policy and procedures, and/or facilitates a resolution.
- Processes transactions at a Point of Sale system, gives correct change and closes till at end of shift.
- Assists the public and others to complete forms, applications and other paperwork.
- Examine documents to verify applicability, legibility, completeness, accuracy, and/or consistency of information from one document to another, etc.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will possess:
- excellent customer service skills
- previous motor vehicle experience
Why You Should Join Our Team
As a benefited employee of the Utah State Tax Commission, you will receive great health and retirement benefits. Click here to view a summary of the benefits we offer. We also provide generous paid time off so you can spend more time with your family and have a positive work-life balance.
The Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is a division under the Utah State Tax Commission. The primary duty of the DMV is to issue title and registration for Utah vehicles, including passenger vehicles, trucks, trailers, motorcycles, motor homes, off-highway vehicles, boats, and snowmobiles. For more information about the Division of Motor Vehicles, click here.Starting salary for this position is $14.31 per hour.
Supplemental Information: Working Conditions
- Risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying light items; driving an automobile, etc. Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.
- Salary will start at $14.31/hour, DHRM rules apply for promotions/transfers
- Personal tax filings and vehicle registrations must be current and complete.
- You will be required to pass an FBI-level background check
- For transfers or promotions, DHRM Rules apply